The M Performance steering wheel is based on the M leather steering wheel of the M2 & M2 Competition with a diameter of 373 mm. It is upholstered in high-quality Alcantara and sewn with a three-colour seam in the BMW M colours. The steering wheel trim is finished with painted Matte Carbon on which a M Performance logo in chrome is incorporated in the paint. The upper rim of the steering wheel incorporates a functional display of the latest OLED technology and two-color LED displays to the right and left of the display. For operation, two buttons under the Alcantara are embedded in the area of the thumb trays. The modes Efficient Dynamics Mode, Sport Mode and Race Mode can be set at the push of a button.
For the wheel to function correctly, it must have this options:
-Yes = 0459 Seat adjustment, electric, with memory
-Yes = 0430 Interior/outside mirror with auto dip
- Sporty: The new M Performance steering wheel conveys motor racing atmosphere through the high-tech materials from Motorsport Alcantara and Carbon.
- Better feel and grip: Alcantara is the perfect material for sport steering wheels: It provides optimal grip on the steering wheel in extreme driving situations and offers a consistently pleasant feel in all temperature conditions.
- The sporty yet elegant design with three-colour stitching in the M colours and painted Matte Carbon goes perfectly with the M Performance look.
- Everything at a glance: With the Race-Display, the driver always has the displays and controls in the field of view or in the grip area while driving and can easily navigate through the three modes.
- The gear change indicator by means of coloured LEDs on the right and left of the display conveys a true Motorsport feeling in everyday life.
- Simple operation: The symbol-based MMI (human-machine interface) displays the individual functions of the modes as icons in the display. Sporty but efficient.
- The additional Efficient Dynamics features support a consumption-optimised driving style at the touch of a button.
- In sports mode, the stopwatch is displayed in hours, minutes and seconds and the G-meter with the current longitudinal and lateral accelerations.
- In Race mode, the stopwatch is displayed in minutes, seconds and 1/100 seconds. The measurement of up to 50 lap times with storage of the maximum speeds as well as the maximum cross and longitudinal accelerations per lap including storage of top score values are also possible.
- Due to the optional measuring trigger, the rounds can be Section times are detected automatically by means of infrared light barrier.
- High quality: The scratch-resistant, high-quality cover of the displays from a specially coated PC glass cover promise a long life.
Please Note: When installed with SA248 (steering wheel heating), the heating function is no longer required, a decoding is not necessary. The switch for the steering wheel heating remains without function.